We have provided legal services to individuals and organizations who otherwise could not afford legal representation. We have handled on a pro bono basis a variety of matters involving consumer protection, housing advocacy, misrepresentation and fraud, mortgage foreclosure, and abusive debt collection practices. Examples of recent pro bono engagements in the area of consumer and housing advocacy include the following:
- Successful representation of homeowners in litigation against a real estate developer who attempted to take a narrow unpaved driveway on the clients’ property and turn it into a roadway serving Defendant’s residential subdivision development.
- Successful representation of a graduate student in litigation against a real estate vulture fund that purchased the student’s rental unit at a foreclosure auction and subsequently locked out and forcibly barred the student from entering his residence without prior court order or judgment.
- Successful representation of a low-income farmer in obtaining a waiver from a county ordinance to add two modular homes to his property.
- Successful representation of a consumer who was deceptively pressured into purchasing non-cancellable career counseling and vocational “coaching” services that in fact provided no tangible benefits to consumers.
- Successful representation of a local artist in the registration of trademark and artistic work with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office.